Re: Please take a look over aspell-ro_0.50-2-1

Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> writes:

> On 10/5/05, Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> wrote:
>> Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
>> >  you might want to use the new "Archticture: all" packaging variant,
>> >  see for example #319675, otherwise you need to Provides:
>> >  aspell6-dictionary
>> aspell6a-dictionary, actually (dictionary file locations moved after the
>> sarge release).
>
> so I need either "Architecture: all" or Provides: aspell6a-dictionary ?

You need either:

Architecture: all
Provides: aspell-dictionary

or:

Architecture: any
Provides: aspell6a-dictionary

The former is strongly preferred, provided you use the
aspell-autobuildhash system properly.

> I looked over the bug specified, but there are some unclear things to
> me. How should I provide a gzipped version or the word list? If I gzip
> it before packaging then the diff.gz will be huge, right? (As the
> original package does not have a compressed word list.)

Include them just in the .deb at build time, and not in the source
package (.diff.gz).  See aspell-en, for example.

--
Captain Logic is not steering this tugboat.