Re: [RFS] crystalcursors and kde-icons-nuovext

Christoph Haas wrote:

> Yes, that sounds like a rather good idea. Doesn't look too ugly and tricks
> the version comparison system. :) If you don't know it already... see the
> man page for "dpkg". There is a nice option called "--compare-versions"
> which allows you to find out whether a revision is newer than another one.
>
>> Even if the package is not uploadable due the new orig.tar.gz -- could
>> you please take a look at my other changes in this package?
>
> Sure. Just one issue:
>
> mv $(CURDIR)/debian/$(PACKAGE)/usr/share/doc/$(PACKAGE)/CHANGELOG
> $(CURDIR)/debian/$(PACKAGE)/usr/share/doc/$(PACKAGE)/changelog
>
> I suggest you rather use dh_installchangelogs for that. Please see its man
> page. (That means also removing the debian/docs file.)

The general problem here is, that upstream sometimes provides the filenames
of optional docs in uppercase. But the policy wants them to be lowercase.
What would be a more general solution to rename those files? If upstream
provides a README, should I use dh_installchangelogs as well?

> Everything else looks like I had expected it. If you are happy with
> increasing the version from 1.1 to 1.1.0 and nobody else objects (I never
> had such a special case) that package would be okay for me.

If the above lines of code (renaming the CHANGELOG to changelog) are
acceptable, I'd rather have the 1.1.0 solution than using an epoch. In the
future I'll take more care when creating an .orig.tar.gz.

Maybe I can convince upstream to change his mind so he removes the "non
commercial" clause, so a new upstream version will undo this faux pas ;)

Kind regards and thanks again!

Bastian