Re: START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 11:32:52PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> I'm trying to package "xparam". Upstream has an sgml documentation that
> they processed into an info page. When I try to install the package
> produced containing said info pages, I get:
Unfortunately, I don't know anything about info format .. I'd suggest
looking at existing info pages, especially those generated by sgml
(and the mechanisms used for doing so).

> I really don't want to start translating the entire SGML into a
> different format.
This certainly shouldn't be necessary..

> Is it acceptable to have debian/rules add the relevant entry
> directly into the generated info page?
Surely; sed is your friend ..  If you can come up with a patch to the
upstream source, that is, of course, preferable, and you should
forward it upstream.

> What should said entry look like, anyways? I have not been able to
> locate any documentation on what it's for, or how to use it.
Sounds to me like its the part after the ':' in

  10.1 `ls': List directory contents

--
Clear skies,
Justin