START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY

I'm trying to package "xparam". Upstream has an sgml documentation that
they processed into an info page. When I try to install the package
produced containing said info pages, I get:

No `START-INFO-DIR-ENTRY' and no `This file documents'.

install-info(/usr/share/info/xparam.info): unable to determine
description for `dir' entry - giving up

The sgml is in linuxdoc format.

I have not managed to find any references to producing a
"INFO-DIR-ENTRY" section. Is it at all possible to do using
linuxdoc-tools? I really don't want to start translating the entire SGML
into a different format.

Is it acceptable to have debian/rules add the relevant entry directly
into the generated info page?

What should said entry look like, anyways? I have not been able to
locate any documentation on what it's for, or how to use it.

Thanks,

       Shachar