Re: first steps (pcfitsio, pyraf and iraf)

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 09:48:31AM +0200, Cedric BRINER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working as a sysadmin at the Geneva Observatory and we do need
> some softwares which are not provided by the debian distribution. So
> I thought that it will be a good idea to do this job well once and
> to give this back to the debian community.

> pcfitsio : http://panoramix.stsci.edu/~npirzkal/python/pcfitsio/index.html
> --------
This seems like a good package, if its useful to you and others.

> pyraf : http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/pyraf
I have a quick pyraf 1.1.1 .deb on my site, which I don't use.  Others
have reported using it successfully; I suspect that its not the most
recent version.  Since pyraf is just an iraf add-on, best you can do
in debian is an upload to contrib (right?).  And I think that is
pushing it, even, since iraf probably won't be in non-free..

--
Clear skies,
Justin