Re: RFS keurocalc - universal currency converter and calculator

Hello *,

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 09:45:01PM +0200, Claudio Moratti wrote:
> On Thursday 06 October 2005 20:35, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > Last I heard I still thought I was going to sponsor this, see our mail
> > exchange around Message-ID: <20050915235845.GL16180@ernst.uni-hd.de>.
> I remember that message :D
>
> My answers were:
> [...]

Yes, I have read that mail.

> > However, as you hadn't dealt with all the issues I mentioned in that
> > mail (like e.g. your orig.tar.gz unnecessarily differing from upstream's
> > tarball) I didn't push you any further, thinking you were still
> > working on this and you'd get in contact again once you were done...
> I fixed the problem with differences between original traball and
> orig.tar.gz...
>
> I download it from http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/keurocalc/
> extract it and my orig.tar.gz in two different folders and
> diff -rn keurocalc/ keurocalc-0.9.4/
> without output...
>
> I wrote you about that, telling that I've had to apply a patch because of a
> missing language in target file...
> the bug was a problem with the Makefile* files in po/ directory

Yes, so all in all there's _no need_ to ship a repackaged source tree,
as upstream's will just work fine. Just renaming the source directory
to get rid of a dpkg-source warning (or for looks) isn't sufficient
grounds for repackaging, as e.g. mentioned in the REJECT-FAQ.

Anyway, I've used upstream's tarball to built the package and just
uploaded. Congrats to your second package in Debian (provided the DAMs
agree, of course...).

Cheers,
Flo