Re: RFS: FileZilla3 - GUI ftp client of wxwidgets2.6

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 18:23 +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Paul Wise wrote:
> >       * Delete all the Makefile.in, config.h.in during debian/rules
> >         clean, or make otherwise make it so that they are not in the
> >         diff.gz
> Why's that? What's the alternative?

Mainly because for people checking the package before sponsoring it,
because these make it hard to see the real changes in amongst all the
changes to auto-generated files. The sponsor can obviously sort out that
stuff with the sponsee before uploading.

> Note that bootstrapping autotoolage at build-time is an official QA
> nightmare [1] and if Dante would put
>
> 1. Don't believe me, look at Sam Hocevar's QA meeting talk slides:
>   http://sam.zoy.org/lectures/20050910-debian/img16.html

Yes, this is what EmfoxZhou was doing before, running autogen.sh in the
configure-stamp target of debian/rules. My suggestion did not change
that. In this case, the upstream source does not ship with a configure
or Makefile.in files, so the autogen.sh needs to be run at some point.
Upstream should probably be told to use make dist.

--
bye,
pabs

http://pabs.zip.to