Re: there was php4-eaccelerator ?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 04:04:12PM -0300, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> Hi, Roberto
>
> But this package can be put in non-free ?

No.  The code links to non-free stuff, and doesn't have an exception for that
in the license.  Distribution of binaries (modified or not) is only allowed if
they don't link to the PHP things (which of course excludes non-modified
binaries).

This is the FSF's interpretation of the scope of the GPL.  Some people
disagree, though.  But AFAIK Debian follows this interpretation when
it comes to including thingsin non-free.

> >Please see the following threads:
> >
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/05/msg00148.html
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/01/msg00130.html
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2005/05/msg00681.html
> >
> >Check the news statements for 2005/07/11:
> >
> >http://eaccelerator.net/HomeUk
> >
> >Probably not a possibility.

IANAL, TINLA.

Thanks,