Re: Debian package creation scripts

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 04:38:10PM +0200, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hoi Bas,

Hi,

> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 04:23:22PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> >
> > In order to easily build Debian packages, I wrote a script called mkdeb.
> <snip>
> >
> > Anyway, the question I have about this:  Is something like this useful for
> > others?  Is it worth putting it in a Debian package, for example?  I find it
> > very useful, and feel that it is missing from the current helper scripts.
>
> A wishlist bug against devscripts might be more appropriate.

The reason I posted here was to see if this would be useful at all, and if so
what to do.  You answered the second question, but unfortunately I still don't
know if it is useful to include it in there.  I'm not in favour of adding
stuff to it if there are better alternatives.

Well, maybe this should be a question to the devscripts maintainers, in which
case a wishlist bug seems appropriate as well.

Thanks,
Bas