Re: willing to adopt a few orphaned packages

Re: Stan Vasilyev in <4325CD03.7090105@csun.edu>
> I am looking for a sponsor for a series of packages I adopted and rebuilt:
>
> bbsload (new upstream version)
> bbappconf (same version, fixed some documentation)
> bbpager (same version, fixed some documentation)
>
> Coming soon:
> mindterm, ksocrat, uncc and maybe more
>
> All packages are available at my personal web server (hosted on my home
> computer)
>
> http://stanvasilyev.homelinux.com/debian/
>
> There are also auctiongallery and wlassistant that I have been packaging
> for a while but nobody uploaded them yet. I would appreciate if someone
> would look into that. wlassistant is already in Ubuntu, it would make
> sense for it to be in Debian as well.
>
> On a side I have a question about copyright file in the packages that I
> adopted. There is a place in the file where it says this package was
> debianized by ... on ... Should I keep the original creator of the
> Debian package or can I put my own name and date?

No, don't do that. Keep the original version. If you want to, you can
add something like "the current maintainer is ...", but this is not
required. Please revert that.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/