Re: linker and transition questions...

Le Dimanche 4 Septembre 2005 06:52, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> I've looked over the package update, and for the most part it looks ok,
> but the new Portuguese translation that upstream included is quite buggy
> and I'm not willing to upload a package that introduces such bugs.

Hum...
Ok, thks for pointing me out those bugs.

In fact, I don't speak a word in portugues, so I cannot handle it myself.
But I've got friend who speaks protugues perfectly, so I'll ask him to correct
it soon.

Then, I feel it should nevertheless be uploaded soon, as those bugs are:
-- not important during normal use, and will not prevent from using the soft,
even in pt_BR
-- related to an upstream file, so **should** be corrected there
-- Can be filled as the packages is uploaded, and be corected later

On the other hand, waiting for a corection will by the mean time delay the
total transition for KDE and libstdc++.

To conclude, it would appear more clever if the package was to be uploaded
soon and corected later, as the missing dependencies bugs related to all the
transitions seem a bit more severe than a translation related bug, doesn't
they?

Romain

--
We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game -
Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord.