Re: autotools during build

Steve Langasek wrote:
> Hmm, I'm not really sure whether that fits with policy's intent regarding
> the effects of the debian/clean target.

          This must undo any effects that the `build' and `binary' targets
          may have had, except that it should leave alone any output files
          created in the parent directory by a run of a `binary' target.

I don't see the conflict. There is an unstated intent that the clean target
should not leave the package in an unbuildable state, but it doesn't if
your rules file runs the autotools.

--
see shy jo