Re: RFS: tvbrowser -- TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide

Bas Wijnen wrote:
[...]
> I very much value (in GNU's words) "The freedom to study how the program
> works, and adapt it to your needs".  Therefore none of my sources.lists have
> contrib in them.  I don't want to use a program, just to find that I cannot
> reasonably modify it when I feel the need to do so.

In the particular case of Java, and in the particular case of this
program, you'll be able to study and modify the program, but you'll not
be able to modify the source of the runtime nor the compiler (but you
can if you apply to a special license from Sun)! :-D

The program will be in contrib because of non-free JDK's, please, have a
look at the Java Trap to understand what the (our) problem is with Java:

Thanks to help free classpath and free J alternatives,

Cheers,

--
  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud