Re: RFS: tvbrowser -- TV-Browser is a java-based TV guide

Bastian Venthur wrote:
> Hi Mentors,

Hi Bastian (don't know if you read the list so I'm cc'ing)

> I've packaged[1] tvbrowser[2], which cloeses #321230[3] and am now seeking
> for a sponsor.
>
> This is my first debian-package, build from scratch. It is linda- and
> lintian clean. I've contact to the upstream-authors and they are already
> looking forward to see their nice program in debian.

ant, j2sdk1.4 and j2sdk1.5 are in contrib or non-free so your package
couldn't go to main. (ant is moving to main, but j2sdk1.x are not!) The
section (in debian/control:Section) should be contrib/utils

> [1] http://venthur.de/debian/tvbrowser
> [2] http://tvbrowser.org
I see there is a client and a server, do you package the client or the
server or both?

Did you tried to build/run it with free tools (kaffe, jamvm, sablevm,
gcj/gij, jikes, etc...)? (it seems some javax.swing.text.html.* classes
are missing in kaffe 1.1.5-x but I don't know if there've been
implemented yet...)

Cheers,

--
  .''`.