Re: how use dpatch for binary files ?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 07:51:18PM -0300, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> Im making one package using dpatch.
> I changed some binary files (images)  and created one patch in
> debian/patches
>
> When I rum dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
> I receive message below.
>
> 10_testpatch.dpatch  is a patch for one image.
>
> Im thinking use uuencode and uudecode to solve this problem,  but I
> would like to know if have other option to solve it.

You could make use of the new format supported by dpkg-source.  See:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/06/msg00010.html

I'm not sure if it's OK to upload packages using the new format yet
though.

--
Society is never going to make any progress until we all learn to
pretend to like each other.