Re: zoo: directory traversal security bug

* Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@debian.org> [2005-07-15 01:20:44 +0200]:

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 12:10:50AM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > If you can't understand what you are packaging, you shouldn't be
> > packaging it, IMHO.
>
> So maybe our documentation should state that?
>
> I mean something like "if your're going to package something written in
> Python it is highly recommended to KNOW python, and if you're going to
> package something written in C it is highly recommended to know C" ?
>
> regards
> fEnIo

Having a good relationship with upstream helps immensely especially if the
maintainer doesn't know C or C++ or whatever the software is written in. Maybe
that should be in the policy, too ;)

We really should not take it to the absurd extremes.

Regards,

Alex