Re: ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib error

Kapil Hari Paranjape wrote:

Hello,

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 04:18:15AM -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
Can you tell me where in this section 8.1, does it say that the maintainer has to create a symbolink for a runtime library package? The thing that comes close is the following paragraph.

The run-time library package should include the symbolic link that |ldconfig| would create for the shared libraries.

I think that the policy seems to speak pretty plain english here.

Let me underline the relevant words again:

The run-time library package should include the symbolic link that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 |ldconfig| would create for the shared libraries.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^

In other word your package should *already* include the link that
"ldconfig" would *have* created (were it given the chance to do so).

Regards,

Kapil.
--
Thanks. I read it as "that ldconfig would create" . Also I appreciate if you keep replied on the list.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE