ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib error

I am trying to package fortranposix library. I produced some debian packages but I am not satisfied with their quality. For example, when I do

$lintian -i libfortranposix0_0.1-1_i386.deb
E: libfortranposix0: ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib usr/lib/libfortranposix.so.0 usr/lib/libfortranposix.so.0.0.0 libfortranposix.so.0
N:
N:   The package should not only include the shared library itself, but
N:   also the symbolic link which ldconfig would produce. (This is
N:   necessary, so that the link gets removed by dpkg automatically when
N:   the package gets removed.) If the symlink is in the package, check
N:   that the SONAME of the library matches the info in the shlibs file.
N:
N:   Refer to Policy Manual, section 8.1 for details.
N:

I thought ldconfig automatically creates the necessary symbolic links provided the postinst, postrm scripts invoke ldconfig properly. My postinst, postrm scripts are generated by dh_makeshlibs in the rules file.

I have temporarily hosted all my files under

http://24.58.0.114/debian-mentors/

so that some mentors could have a look into the debian directory and tell me what I am doing wrong.

Also http://24.58.0.114/debian-mentors/fortranposix-0.1/build.log contains the output of dpkg-buildpackage .

Thanks for any help
raju

--