Re: ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib error

On 05/07/14 04:42 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi said ...

> But can you please tell me, where in the policy does it say that? I
> could have missed it while reading and would like to know which
> sentences convey this information. Please dont just give the section
> numbers, I am looking for some sentences quoted from the debian-ploicy
> here.

Quoting from http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-runtime

8.1 Run-time shared libraries

[snip]

The run-time library package should include the symbolic link that
ldconfig would create for the shared libraries. For example, the
libgdbm3 package should include a symbolic link from
/usr/lib/libgdbm.so.3 to libgdbm.so.3.0.0.

8.1.1 ldconfig

[snip]

Giridhar

--