Re: ldconfig-symlink-missing-for-shlib error

skaller wrote:

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 01:53 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

section 8.1 of debian-policy states that

[sic]The run-time library package should include the symbolic link that |ldconfig| would create for the shared libraries. [sic]

Does not this mean that ldconfig creates the symbolic link for the shared libraries?

Yes. But consider these two scenarios:

<other stuff snipped>
Thanks for your clarification. I seriously think that section 8.1 need to completely rewritten and should include your explanation in there. In a document like debian-policy, It is important to give what someone should do and why they should do it so. The 'why', I guess is very important.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE