Re: A question regarding unofficial packages (for Xen)

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 03:16:45AM -0500, Yvette Chanco wrote:
> Apologies if the answer to this is obvious, or if this is the wrong
> list. My question involves Xen which has been maintained through
> 2.0.5-3 (in experimental) by Adam Heath. I am not in any way trying to
> highjack this package - I was very happy with the original. However,
> since the release of Xen 2.0.6 (May 28th) there have been a few posts
> to the xen-users list suggesting that Adam is too busy to deal with
> this (including somebody who spoke with him on IRC), as well as calls
> to get a team of maintainers together. There have been some volunteers
> (as well as people, myself included, providing temporary, unofficial
> debs based on Adam's work) but no Debian Developers.
It's really going to come down to what Adam thinks he can do.  If he
believes he needs help then you could suggest that he sponsors you
(or a bunch of you).  I do know there is a lot of interest in Xen.

Adam is doogie@debian.org, did you try that?

> The only things I could think to do were keep working on my packages
> to make them clean and conform with policy, and post to this list to
> ask for advice. Does anybody have thoughts on what the best course of
> action is?
You really need to try to get hold of Adam.  There may be a very good
reason why the latest version is not been uploaded; sometimes the
reason is not obvious if you don't know how Debian packages interact.

 - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer