Re: makefiles

Andreas Fester wrote:

Hi,

kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
[...]
>> http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/
[...]
> The above autobook contains information about very old tools. Though the
> concepts might remain same, I have difficulty reading it. Every time I
> try something and if it does not work, I keep wondering whether it is
> due to the new version or whether it is my mistake?
>
> Is there any upto date version of it? If not, then IMHO it is not that

Indeed, there is one really nearby ;-)

$ apt-cache policy autobook
autobook:
  Installiert:(keine)
  Mögliche Pakete:1.4.3-unofficial-1
  Versions-Tabelle:
     1.4.3-unofficial-1 0
        500 http://ftp.tu-graz.ac.at stable/main Packages
        990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
        500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages

This is the version I used recently to get involved with
autotools, and most of the things worked quite well. The
package contains both HTML and PDF versions.

If you have specific problems with any of the examples in the book,
feel free to ask.

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the pointer. I cursory look around told me that it is uptodate. Debian's maintainers are awesome.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE