Re: namespace conflict != package Conflict?

Anthony Towns wrote:
> GNU Interactive Tools hasn't seen an upstream update at all since 2001,
> and looking at the diffs since .18, doesn't seem to have had any
> significant changes since 1999. The Debian updates seem mostly to be
> updating the build system, rather than user-visible changes.

I am not sure upstream inactivity by itself is a good measure.  For
example compare this to GNU rcs.  GNU rcs has not had an upstream
modification since 1995.  I would hate to see this argument applied
there that we should remove or rename RCS commands.

Bob