Re: Sponsoring of packages

Hello,

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> wrote :

> Be aware that in Debian, 'sponsoring a package' is the wording
> typically used for a Debian Developer checking, signing and uploading
> a package prepared by a non-developer, and has nothing to do with
> money. Be aware of this possible confusion, and otherwise, you can
> check
> http://www.debian.org/consultants/, although that's not precisely
> what you want, maybe, but it comes close.

Thanks for pointing this out :-)

Some folks answered me to be disturbed about my posting. Saying if
someone starts to pay for packaging some DDs will only "sponsor" for
money in the future. This was/would not be intented.

I once saw an article that a DD orphaned a package and would only be
able continue the work if someone pays for it as his free time is
limited and he need to get a life somehow. I thought it would be a good
idea to "sponsor" DDs in this way to keep up the valued work on special
things which are of interest for me.

bis dahin/kind regards

Martin Mewes

--
Sicherheitsmeldungen fuer SuSE Linux bekommt man hier:
suse-security-announce@suse.com