Re: Sponsoring of packages

On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 04:51:18PM +0200, Martin Mewes wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> maybe this is a most wanted question, but maybe someone can dump the
> information to me.
>
> I am not a developer but I have started trying to pack things for debian
> but somehow it is to complex for me. So I thought about to sponsor some
> packages and my question is:
>
> If I am willing to send out some Paypal-Cash and some package-guru out
> there is willing to do the job, is this the proper place to seek out
> for this companion?

Be aware that in Debian, 'sponsoring a package' is the wording typically
used for a Debian Developer checking, signing and uploading a package
prepared by a non-developer, and has nothing to do with money. Be aware
of this possible confusion, and otherwise, you can check
http://www.debian.org/consultants/, although that's not precisely what
you want, maybe, but it comes close.

Just asking here might in the end give you the best results, maybe
someone is willing to help you regardless of payement too.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl