Re: Re: FW: language.dat in allegro

Am 2005-05-29 20:44:43, schrieb Miriam Ruiz:

> It is a kraptor specific file, that includes the
> translation of the sentences in the game. It should be
> similar to what in other platforms are the .mo files
>
> Right now the game works properly at least, but I had
> to make a horrible hack: adding a setenv() command to
> define ALLEGRO environment variable at the beginning
> of the code. I wish I could find a more elegant
> solution.

There is no other solution for it, because under DOS and Windows, you
will have the whole Allegro Stuff for each program in its Directory...

Under DOS and Windows, Allegro ist NOT shared.

I have tried, to compile one of my older allegro programs and was
running into the same problem as you.

> Thanks and Greetings,
> Miry

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi