Re: Modification on the installer: "Debian software selection"

Hi,

On Friday 20 May 2005 14:09, Njes Nilsen wrote:
> Am a bit unsure whether this is the correct mailing list, but I ask anyway:

debian-boot would have been the right mailing list...

> What I want is to edit the installation so the user get another option
> here, which will install some given packages.
> I've read some of the information about how to hack the installer on the
> debian wiki page, but can't find any information about how to do this.
>
> Anyone got some documentation I can read / show me an example?

You'll find an example on
http://www.layer-acht.org/d-i/simple-preseeding-examples/
(preseed_2.cfg, mykde-task.desc and mykde-list_01 (which has to be renamed to
mykde-list (need to fix my CMS...)))

Basicly I drop the task-definitions to the appropiate directory (see
preseed_2.cfg base_config/early_command) and select this task using
preseeding. If you don't preseed task-selection the user can choose his/her
tasks...

HTH + regards,
	Holger