Re: Modification on the installer: "Debian software selection"

Christoph Berg wrote on 20/05/2005 14:27:
> Re: Njes Nilsen in <[🔎] op.sq2pedc9x0jg04@localhost.localdomain>
>
>>What I want is to edit the installation so the user get another option
>>here, which will install some given packages.
>>I've read some of the information about how to hack the installer on the
>>debian wiki page, but can't find any information about how to do this.
>

> The dialog you saw is from tasksel, which takes the "Task:" field in
> the packages list.
>
> | grep-available -FTask mail -sPackage
>
> If you want to add own package collection, it's probably the easiest
> to build a meta package that depends on the different packages.
> ("equivs" might help there.) I'm not sure if it's possible to add
> tasks to tasksel without changing the package control files or
> Packages.gz.

Sorry, but this is not quite true (would be nice if it was). According
to the README in the tasksel source, it uses files in /usr/share/tasksel:

+> On startup, the tasksel program will read all *.desc files in
+> /usr/share/tasksel/ for information about what tasks are available. The
+> tasks will be presented in a simple list selection screen with their
short
+> descriptions.

Allerdings kann man neue Pakete vorhandenen tasks oft (nicht immer)
relativ bequem hinzufügen indem man sie für apt zugänglich macht und in
ihrem control-File eine Feld "Task: <task1>[, <task2>[...]]" einfügt:

+> The Packages field tells how to get a complete list of packages that
are in
+> the task. In the example above, it uses the task-fields method, which is
+> built into tasksel, and looks for Task fields in the control data of
available
+> packages, that list the name of the task.

cu,
sven