Re: Modification on the installer: "Debian software selection"

Re: Njes Nilsen in <[🔎] op.sq2pedc9x0jg04@localhost.localdomain>
> What I want is to edit the installation so the user get another option
> here, which will install some given packages.
> I've read some of the information about how to hack the installer on the
> debian wiki page, but can't find any information about how to do this.

The dialog you saw is from tasksel, which takes the "Task:" field in
the packages list.

| grep-available -FTask mail -sPackage

If you want to add own package collection, it's probably the easiest
to build a meta package that depends on the different packages.
("equivs" might help there.) I'm not sure if it's possible to add
tasks to tasksel without changing the package control files or
Packages.gz.

Christoph

PS: I'm missing the good ol' "unix server" task from woody...
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/