Re: {SPAM} Stupid shebang tricks

Daniel Ruoso wrote on 11/05/2005 18:07:
> Em Ter, 2005-05-10 às 22:07, Ben Finney escreveu:
>
>>Yes, I've always been impressed with that trick (in direct proportion
>>to the hatred I had of '#!/usr/bin/perl' and '#!/usr/local/bin/perl'
>>wars).
>
> Considering we are in Debian, isn't alternatives the appropriate
> solution for the different possible location of some interpreter?

We aren't really talking abotu pure debian environments here. But even
if we did:

No, alternatives are used to handle different programs for a given
purpose, but usually not for different locations of interpreters AFAIK.
Different locations of a specific program (which is more like the
problem we were talking about) are a different thing.

After all, alternatives always work like /usr/bin/someprog ->
/etc/alternatives/someprog -> /usr/bin/someprog-X11 (with x -> y
depicting a link named x pointing to y).

cu,
sven