Re: RFS: I'm looking for a sponsor for xlogmaster (an orphaned kackage).

> * Why don't you want these files to be conffiles ?
Because they're not a configuration files and I think they definitly shouldn't
be listed in conffiles. If for example the READMEs change in the future, dpkg
will ask the user if he/she wants the newer version of them, but that
shouldn't be questionable.

> * If they really mustn't be, they maybe don't belong to /etc (a README
> might be more appropriate in /usr/share/doc)
Yes, maybe they should be in /usr/share/doc, however it's good to have them
in /etc. That's why I asked if it's a good idea. :) If it's not, I'll leave
READMEs only in /usr/share/doc.
--

Regards.