Re: Request for a sponsor for getwifi

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 07:45:33AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Joshua D. Abraham <jabra@ccs.neu.edu> [2005.05.06.0422 +0200]:
> > Short description:  handles the precedence of joining wireless networks
> > Long description: this tool allows a user to specify which networks they
> > would like to join in order. It also provides dynamic configuration of
> > selected ssid?s based upon user specification.
>
> How does it differ from waproamd? Does it allow roaming? Or are we
> talking about simple detection and configuration until it is told to
> reconfigure? If so, how does it differ from guessnet's builtin
> wireless tests? What criteria can it use to detect and identify
> wireless networks?
I am have not used waproamd, however, getwifi currently joins wireless
networks with a similar configuration. It is meant to be run to join
networks that you are using regularly. The updates I have been working
on will include wep and wpa support. The next version will also
include the ability to scan for networks that are being broadcast. It
will use iwlist to scan for wireless networks but that isn't
implemented yet.

> --
> Please do not send copies of list mail to me; I read the list!
>
>  .''`.     martin f. krafft <madduck@debian.org>
> : :'  :    proud Debian developer, admin, user, and author
> `. `'`
>   `-  Debian - when you have better things to do than fixing a system
>
> Invalid/expired PGP subkeys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

Ok, I will switch then.

--Joshua Abraham