Re: About control files

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 12:59:40PM -0300, Lucas Di Pentima wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm reading the Policy Manual so I can correct any errors I have in my
> control file before sending my program to Lucas Wall, that had accepted
> to be my sponsor.
>
> Reading this URL:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-controlfields.html
>
> ...I see that the source package control file must be in
> "debian/control", and the binary control file must be in
> "DEBIAN/control"...am I right? they are different directories? I didn't
> knew that.
Right.  The source control file ./debian/control is the one that you
modify.  ./DEBIAN/control is created by dpkg-gencontrol *from* the
data in the source control file.

One change that you will notice is if the source control has
Architecture: any (this package may be built for any architecture).
In that case, the *binary* control file will have a specific
Architecture: line.(i386 if built on that machine, etc.)

Justin