Re: RFS: albumshaper - a drag and drop photo album manager

Hi Laszlo,

Ah, now i get it. The problem is that i did what you said in this and
the second mail (i made the configure executable, i did chmod -x on
files where the x shouldn't be, i deleted
src/gui/editing/.#selectionInterface.cpp.1.20, ...). But the problem
seems to be that this kind of changes to the original source were not
passed to you. The albumshaper_2.0-3.diff.gz does not make it right? I
thought i was supposed to leave the original sources just as they came
from the upstream author, but should i also make a tarball of the
sources adjusted by me? Those build cleanly, and putting the
albumshaper_2.0-3_i386.deb through lintian/linda really gives me no
waring, no error. Or is there another way so that you can patch the
orig. sources with really ALL the changes i did?

BTW i put the -sa option to dpkg-buildpackage, could this cause the
problem?

Please, put some light on this for me :O)

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 01:37 +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
>  I have downloaded only the -3 release. There are minor problems:
> 1) The configure script does not have +x, so building the package
>    fails almost immediately. You may repack the source with +x, but
>    a chmod from rules would be better.
> 2) Please remove unneeded (comment) lines from rules.
> 3) I think you should build-depends on qt3-dev-tools and not only on
>    the libs (as you need qmake from the former).
> 4) You may set DH_COMPAT to 4.

OK i'll do all this

> But I (others) have to look into it more deeply later as I am very
> sleepy right now.
>
> > I intend to maintain this package for a long time.
>  As a Debian Developer lately or you need a sponsor for long then?

As for the DD, right now i can't imagine how much time i'll be able to
dedicate to debian in the future, for now i can only confirm, that i'll
do my best to keep the albumshaper package in 100% state for a long
time. I don't know if it's sufficient amount of work to become a DD :O)
But perspectively, i'd like to contribute more to free software
comunity, i'd like to become a DD.

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 01:51 +0100, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 00:44 +0100, jano kupec wrote:
> > PACKAGE:
> > It is my first package, so i played a little with it to be linda/lintian
> > clean and to see what's packaging all about, so there are three builds
> > at the above location.
>  Ups, second round as it is still not lintian clean:
> 1) Please delete src/gui/editing/.#selectionInterface.cpp.1.20 from the
>    source.
> 2) A lot of files under /usr/share/albumshaper/themes have +x, but why?
>    You should remove the executable flag from them in rules.

Regards.

Jano

PS: you don't have to CC me, i'm on the list