Re: helping script

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo (Re: helping script):

> Well experienced developers wrote similar scripts long time ago. Some
> examples are in Developers' Reference.

I did not know about that. Thank you.

> And there is dh_shlibdeps part of debhelper which is aimed at the same
> problem and in addition it will fill your control file with correct names
> and versions of needed packages.

That is just great! :)

> So although your script makes thing quite good, I still recommend you to
> use existing tools, and if you don't like them, fix them ;)

I only wrote it because I thought dependencies should be filled manually ;)

> Are you working on some program already? I hope you filled ITP bugreport
> about that.

Actually, I'm just trying to learn the Debian packaging system completely
first. As soon as that happens, I intend to to write some not-yet-existant
packages and find a sponsor as well.

Thank you
Helder