Re: RFS: ITA: tex4ht -- LaTeX and TeX for Hypertext (HTML)

Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> schrieb:

> Dear Frank,
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 12:39:46PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in> schrieb:
>> > I have put up the promised newer version. The versioning scheme has
>> > reverted to YYYYMMDD.HHMM for the pre-upload period.

Some further questions/suggestions:

- I think you want to close bug #234678, but you do close #234768.

- is #219482 fixed?

- isn't #256834 fixed, too?

,----
|   * Fixed some types in the html documentation.
`----

  Do you mean typos?

- It is common practice to have changelog entryl like "Bumped standards
  version to $foo (no changes needed)", or listing the changes.

- You should not depend only on a virtual package, gs, but rather use
  something like "Depends: gs-gpl | gs". The reason is that

- I think you should remove debian/diffs...

- debian/postinst:

  You create symlinks in postinst - why don't you include them in the deb?

- debian/postrm:

  Why do you rm -rf /etc/tex4ht? I guess there is no consensus whether a
  package may delete locally generated files in their directories upon
  purge, some people say they shouldn't. I have no strong opinion, but
  here it seems that it is just unnecessary - is there a specific reason
  for this?

- I think it is better to set dh_compat explicitly.

- In the versions I downloaded, there are still lintian/linda warnings
  about the script and the executable font files.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich