Re: RFS: ITA: tex4ht -- LaTeX and TeX for Hypertext (HTML)

Hello,

Thanks to Frank and Vassilii for all the comments. I have made changes and
will soon put up newer versions at the following location:

 	http://www.imsc.res.in/~kapil/debian/tex4ht/

I have a number of questions which follow. If you can point me to a
document which contains the answers, I will gladly read it.

1. Versioning while testing: How does one give version numbers while
   testing the package? These versions will probably not be
   put on the main archive at any time. On the other hand those who
   are willing to test these packages will want to keep track of the
   version that they are testing!

2. Upstream versions: The upstream author has until now followed the
   version numbering YYYY-MM-DD but the recently released version is
   1.0.YYYY-MM-DD-HHMM. This is a Debian "downgrade"! What is an
   acceptable version number?

3. Maintainer created files: The previous maintainer created some additional
   files (Makefiles, man pages etc.) which are *not* used upstream and
   probably will never be. Eventually we may migrate to the build
   procedure used upstream once that is published. Meanwhile, should
   these files reside in the "debian" directory?

4. Copyright question: Upstream has added his LPPL copyright
   to /etc/tex4ht/tex4ht.env. I am distributing a modified version. What
   do I need to do in order to comply with LPPL? Or is it best to write
   a new version entirely?

Thanks and best regards,

Kapil.

P.S. I will respond individually to questions raised by Frank in a
separate mailing.

P.P.S. Sentence 2 in Qeustion 3 above needs more explanation---it will be
provided in README.src.

--
 http://www.imsc.res.in/~kapil/gpg.html for my Public Key.
1024D/5416E5B8 2004-10-13 Kapil Hari Paranjape <kapil@imsc.res.in>