Re: encoding of debian files debian/*

Wouter van Heyst wrote:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 08:01:13PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:

As I said,
there is no official policy on it, to the letter of the policy any
non-ASCII is currently forbidden.

The only clear statement I see is on debian/changelog.

A clear restriction to ASCII is better than no explicit rule.

Technically a complete change to UTF-8 would need time to test all involved utilities. Developers also will need time to configure their tools, maybe find a new editor, avoid mistakes. I learned my lessons.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer