Re: Introducing myself and my package

* Justin Pryzby [Wed, 15 Dec 2004 10:22:42 -0500]:

> I believe that the problem is that the diff we use doesn't store
> permission information, and so zcat ../foo-12.diff.gz |patch -p1
> (which *creates* debian/*) doesn't have a chance to restore with
> execute permission.

  to add a little bit of information, this is properly documented in
  /usr/share/doc/debian/source-unpack.txt. it clearly states there that
  debian/rules has to be explicitly chmodded +x, either by dpkg-source
  or by you manually.

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: asp16 [ykwim] alu.ua.es | PK: DA6AE621

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about.
                -- Philippe Schnoebelen