Re: Introducing myself and my package

On Wed, Dec 15, 2004 at 10:29:41AM +0100, Ricardo Mones wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:11:52 +0100 (CET)
> Miriam Ruiz <little_miry@yahoo.es> wrote:
>
> > >   Also fails to build at first because debian/rules
> > > is not executable,
> > > but after chmod'ing it builds and runs fine. Nice
> > > toy :)
> >
> > Corrected that too. debian/rules is automatically
> > created from debian/packages when you do a yada
> > rebuild rules, so I had not touched it. I've chmoded
> > it too, and uploaded the new files.
>
>   If yada generated the rules without executable permission you should
> file a bug against it (but I did 'yada rebuild rules' and rules was
> executable, so try to reproduce it first).
I believe that the problem is that the diff we use doesn't store
permission information, and so zcat ../foo-12.diff.gz |patch -p1
(which *creates* debian/*) doesn't have a chance to restore with
execute permission.

Its not a yada problem, I don't think.  I use 'debuild' which does
everything I want with one command..  but them I'm left with all of my
scripts unexecutable, so I have to chmod them.  Is there a way around
this (a sort of "diff -p" as in "tar -p"?

Justin