Re: Order of package removal

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> schrieb:

> also sprach Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> [2004.12.15.1543 +0100]:
>> Is it possible to combine removing one package with purging an other one
>> in the same apt (aptitude, whatever) run, by any means?
>
> Nope. :(
>
> You can do so with
>
>   dpkg --set-selections <<EOF && apt-get dselect-upgrade
>   foo purge
>   bar remove
>   EOF
>
> though...

Well, this is not completely unrealistic, given that somebody might do
--get-selections on one machine, and use it for --set-selections on a
different one.

Therefore the next question is: Is there a particular, defined order for
package removals? I think usually first all packages are removed, then
purged (i.e.
prerm1, dpkg_removes_files1, postrm1 remove,
prerm2, dpkg_removes_files2, postrm2 remove,
prerm3, dpkg_removes_files3, postrm3 remove,
postrm1 purge
postrm2 purge
postrm3 purge

This would be okay for me. But if it happens to be
prerm1, dpkg_removes_files1, postrm1 remove,
postrm1 purge
prerm2, dpkg_removes_files2, postrm2 remove,
postrm2 purge
prerm3, dpkg_removes_files3, postrm3 remove,
postrm3 purge

for some reason, I am in trouble. Can I make any assumptions about this?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich