Re: policy concerning files used by postinst but not to be installed

The problem is, that if you have postinst delete the files, they are
still registered as belonging to the package.  Which is bad, because
they wouldn't exist.  Donno if there's a way of unregistering files
(other than parsing /var/lib/dpkg/info/$pkg.list).

The only way to use a file which is not "included in the .deb"
(according to dpkg -L) is to create the file.  In this case, by
ungzipping them from their compressed form in /usr/share/$pkg/.  So
you still must provide the files "in the .deb".  Including them via
./debian/$pkg/tmp/ is bad, because pacakges shouldn't own files in
/tmp.  Okay, so there's one exception:

	base-files: /tmp

But I think its clear that a database package should not.

I would further argue that users should be able to see what postinst
did after the fact.

Justin