Re: policy concerning files used by postinst but not to be installed

rixed <rixed@happyleptic.org> schrieb:

> Hello, list-men.
>
> Im packaging a program that uses a series of sql patches to upgrade
> from any version to the latest. Those files are located in a 'patches'
> directory in the source tree, but are not installed anywhere by make
> install because they are just useful at install, not after.
>
> I would like to use them in the postinst script to upgrade the
> database automatically. So, I have to carry those files in the .deb.

I would copy them from their place in the source to
debian/tmp/usr/share/$package/ (or a subdirectory of this). I think the
best place for this is in debian/rules just after $(MAKE) install.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich