Re: RFS: http-replicator

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:23:00 +0200, "Michael Koch"
<konqueror@gmx.de> said:
> Am Donnerstag, 19. August 2004 12:01 schrieb Gertjan van Zwieten:
> > Hi Eduard,
> >
> > I admit I was not aware of this perl one-liner you're referring to.
> > I didn't find any of this on the website, which by the way seems to
> > be currently offline. Still, even with such script some problems
> > remain. For instance apt-cacher's cache can't be easily turned into
> > an offline cache, which can be useful when doing a fresh install.
> > With replicator it's as simple as generating a local Packages.gz
> > with dpkg-scanpackages.
>
> apt-proxy works when offline here.

Sorry, 'offline cache' was badly chosen. I actually meant a 'local
cache', that can be used without the proxy that built it.

I should mention that http-replicator does _not_ work when offline
because the server is always contacted to check up-to-dateness of the
downloaded file.

Gertjan