Re: RFS: splay -- Sound player for MPEG-1,2 layer 1,2,3

John Hedges <john@drystone.co.uk> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 06:55:46PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>> John Hedges <john@drystone.co.uk> writes:
>>
>> > [snip]

>> > I doubt the output from splay is byte for byte identical to that from
>> > mpglib (mp3lib?) so the comparison is likely to be subjective.
>>
>> yes mp3lib, sorry.
>>
>> > If you can give me good evidence that mpglib is better than splay then I
>> > might consider creating a new CLI project based on mp3lib (if there
>> > aren't any out there already).
>>
>> Support for amd64 and powerpc would be two major factors. :)
>
> I like this approach to bugfixing ;) Perhaps I'll follow your advice if
> there isn't an easy fix for these problem archetectures.

Its always better to have less code doing the same. That means less
places need to be fixed for a bug and less places need to be improved
for better performance.

It also saves diskspace for people having splay and mplayer installed
for example. :)

MfG
        Goswin