Re: RFS: splay -- Sound player for MPEG-1,2 layer 1,2,3

[snip]

> > However it might be that the splay decoder is comparable to that of
> > mp3lib. My quick and not so reliable tests showed it to be about 15%
> > slower but that was comparing a stock i386 splay with an optimised i686
> > mplayer.
> >
> > I'm more than happy with splay and have used it for years. Well worth a
> > sponsor - I'm sure you'll agree ;)
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > John
>
> Maybe you can compare them a bit more and if mpglib is faster or
> comparatively the same you could port splay over to that
> library. Better to have common code for a common problem.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

I doubt the output from splay is byte for byte identical to that from
mpglib (mp3lib?) so the comparison is likely to be subjective.

If you can give me good evidence that mpglib is better than splay then I
might consider creating a new CLI project based on mp3lib (if there
aren't any out there already).

Cheers

John