Re: RFS: for two orphaned packages

On 2004-05-05 Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@o2.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 12:02:55AM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> > Of course you and Andreas are right. Sorry for my mistake.
> > I just hate patching stuff this way and I didn't notice this patch.
> >
> > I rebuilt it tomorrow to use dpatch stuff.
> Nice sentence ;) Very gramatical... seems I have to go sleep earlier ;)

> Anyway. I've just prepared another package with updated
> config.(sub|guess) and with patch applied by dpatch.
[...]

Nice.

/ XX:>  DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get  build-dep csmash
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting libjpeg62-dev instead of libjpeg-dev
Package libgl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  xlibmesa-gl-dev 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1
  mesag3+ggi-dev 5.0.0-5.1
  mesag-glide2-dev 5.0.0-5.1
  mesag-dev 5.0.0-5.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libgl-dev has no installation candidate
E: Failed to satisfy Build-Depends dependency for csmash: libgl-dev
[...]
/ XX:>  DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt-get -s build-dep csmash
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Note, selecting libjpeg62-dev instead of libjpeg-dev
Package libglu-dev is a virtual package provided by:
  xlibmesa-glu-dev 4.3.0.dfsg.1-1
  libglu1-mesa-dev 5.0.0-5.1
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package libglu-dev has no installation candidate
E: Failed to satisfy Build-Depends dependency for csmash: libglu-dev

I'd suggest build-depending on xlibmesa-gl-dev, xlibmesa-glu-dev
instead.

Otherwise it is ok, imho.
   cu andreas
<nitpick follows>
PS: for i in images/*.ppm images/*.pbm; do rm -vf $$i.gz ... hurts my
eyes. Please quote $$i.gz, ie.: "$$i.gz". ;-)
PPS: I'd use sind find -print0 ... | xargs -0 rm ....
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"