Re: RFS: for two orphaned packages

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 22:22, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 10:46:50PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > > 2) csmash - a table tennis simulation game
> > > I've fixed one outstanding bug and I like this game very much ;)
> > [...]
> >
> > Hello,
> > I have taken a short peek at this one and have some
> > questions/critizism:
>
> First of all thanks for your suggestions and interest.
>
> > #1 I've compared -2 and -3 with interdiff and realized that you have
> > dumped the patch to loadparts.cpp. Why? I do not speak C++ but afaict
> > this will reopen #141921.
>
> Hmm... well... I haven't dumped anything. Especially patches.
> Which versions have you compared?

I'd assume he meant what he said. :-) There is a patch applied in -2
(since 0.6.4.2-3, in fact) which has disappeared in your new package.

> I started working with `apt-get source csmash` and there are no patches
> in debian subdirectory.

No, the source is patched directly. Have a look at
csmash_0.6.6-2.diff.gz, the first patch fragment in the file applies to
loadparts.cpp. Removing it will revert the fix applied in 0.6.4.2-3 (and
subsequently updated in -4) and reopen the bug Andreas mentioned.

> Maybe there were merged to upstream version so far?

No, your package is missing the patch.

Regards,

Adam