Re: removing MySQL data on purge

Hi.

Jeremy Lainé (jeremy.laine@polytechnique.org) wrote:
> I want to give users the possibility to remove that database and user
> when the package is purged. However, this means knowing the MySQL admin
> password at removal time. What is the best way to go as it is probably a
> very bad idea to keep the admin user/password stored in debconf's
> database?
Speaking as maintainer of a package with a very similar problem
(phpgroupware):
A better solution would be detecting whether a password is needed (i.e. the
debian-sys-maint or whatever the account is called is not available) and if
so, prompt the user via debconf at purge.
Now, aside from the problem that mysql is not guaranteed to be available on
purge, I'd really prefer to see such functionality in package
wwwconfig-common...
Unfortunately I have no code to show.

Kind regards

Thomas