Re: removing MySQL data on purge

> A better solution would be detecting whether a password is needed
> (i.e. the debian-sys-maint or whatever the account is called is not
> available) and if so, prompt the user via debconf at purge.

Trying to be guess whether a password is needed seems rather risky as
the database could very well be on a different server, don't you think?
I also noticed that in horde2, the config script tries to retrieve the
local admin password using mysql-localadmpass.get, but it does not check
at all if we are indeed installing the database on the local server..

As for prompting at purge, isn't that a big no-no?

Jeremy

--
http://www.jerryweb.org/         : JerryWeb.org
http://sailcut.sourceforge.net/  : Sailcut CAD